Monday, 7 December 2015

Pancake day for Aya (Healthy vegan 3 ingredient recipe)

PANCAKE DAY !!!$£&^*$%$£$£!




I had a good/stressful day, I did an extra bout of pilates and went running in the rain :D. It was also the deadline for a speech and language therapy course (SaLT). I want to be a speech pathologist so i'm doing my best to get into the course but it is super hard to get into but that doesn't mean I won't get in. Someones got to fill those places and there's no reason why it shouldn't be me :). Right now thats the career I want but i'm sure this will change, i'm quite creative and I'm finding myself so i'm just going with the flow. 

Today I made pancakes and they were absolutely DELESSH. Aswell as filling, I had a late lunch and ate around 3pm because I had to go to the library and scan lots of stuff for my application, but yeah its 6 30pm and i'm still full! Healthy foods are seriously filling I had quite a big smoothie bowl this morning snacked on some crisp I made and munched on a rice cake so yeah this is shocking to me, if I'd eaten like I used to i'd be eating quadroople the amount. My mind is finding it hard to adjust because its like shouldn't we be eating now? and my guts like...I don't think we can manage that babe ha.7

Todays recipe is pancakes. But they're super awesome, 3 ingredients, no egg. I got the  recipe from vegan encounters, she is awesome, check her out. You will need:

Oats

A Banana 


Almond milk (Asda now do their own, money saver!)


That's it! I added a small teaspoon of brown sugar but it was kind of unnecessary because of the toppings I added later.


I used my hinari genie and changed the bottom blade to a flat blade because that's used for grinding.
Again I don't use measurements unless I'm baking something quite specific.

1. tip oats into the blender and blend until they make oat flour.

2. Add the banana, chopped 

3. Add almond milk

Blend blend blend to make your pancake mix, and pour into your frying pan. I use olive oil at the moment but i'm trying to find some alternative because I hate frying with oil. I'm going to get a non stick pan this week and have a good look on the shelves at Tescos.

SO your pancakes should look something like this (or neater!)


I added these beauties to garnish 


(see why I didn't need sugar?)


Agave syrup is the one!


I'm off to Tesco's tonight to stock up for the week, I don't think I need too much though, since I've started eating healthy I've saved SO much money, if you add the amount of times I'd pop to nero's or get a packet of crisp from tesco's I was spending alot, or even when I go to do my volunteering buying a baguette from waterloo, it adds up! But now, I spend like 20 max, average 15. I don't drink or go out so all my money goes to food and travel, so yeah, my bank card has taken a rest.


I'm posting a food haul tomorrow stay tuned!


Kissess xxxxxx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Aya Afreeka. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig